Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine's Day Celebration

This year for Valentine's Day I hosted a card making party.  I served two of my favorite dishes which I have previously blogged about: Amish Cinnamon rolls and egg casserole (I have to say I did add a twist to the egg casserole.  I sauteed spinach {fresh not frozen} with onions and cherry tomatoes.)

For drinks we had peach mimosas (peach sparkling wine and orange juice), coffee, tea, and mineral water with Meyer lemon wedges.





The night before the party I went out and bought some supplies.  I chose the night before the party because I guessed that most of the Valentine's items would be on sale since it was getting really close to the big day. I guessed right!!

Here are some things I got from the craft store or had on hand for the party:  material glue, two glue sticks, 5 scissors, 50 blank cards and envelopes, seasonal tissue paper, 5 different kinds of ribbon,  coloring pencils, needles, embroidering thread in white,pink, and dark pink, a big bag of buttons, and Valentine's Day bags for guests to take their creations home in. 


 Before                                                                        



After


Here are a few examples of our creations:







No comments:

Post a Comment