Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!! - i will always cherish . . .

Being a couple thousand miles away, makes it hard to celebrate birthdays, but I hope this post adds to your celebration today.

I made you a card yesterday, but it won't reach you in time for your birthday so I thought I would post it instead.

Envelope:


Front of Card:



Inside of Card:

Mom,

i will always cherish . . .

when years ago, I must have been 9 or 10 and very sick with the flu, you asked me if I wanted tea, and after I said "yes,"  you and my brother ( we'll just call him "I"), snuck up into my room while I was asleep and left a pot of tea and a teacup (basically a full tea setting - cream, sugar, teaspoon) beside my bed.  Now most people may have brought their daughter tea in bed, but you always went the extra mile to make things special (even when I was in state where I could not fully appreciate it).

i will always cherish . . .

our shopping trips in high school, after a bad day.  One bad day I remember was after my first break-up with the man who is now my husband.  I remember you said - "we'll make him know what he is missing out on . . ."  And we went to Omaha and went shopping all day for an outfit I could wear to school after the break-up so that I would look great the next time I saw him . . .

i will always cherish . . .

when you and my sister (we'll just call her "D") came to visit me when I was studying abroad in the UK.  You were such a trooper - looked beautiful every day and dragged your suitcase everywhere in London - through the underground and up mountains of stairs. 







i will always cherish . . .

that no matter where I live you are always the person that comes to visit me the most.  And you are always ready for any adventure - especially more shopping.

Washington D.C.



New York (I never lived here - but we did visit it together)



Los Angeles




i will always cherish . . .

that you are so predictable.  I know exactly what you are going to say - before you say it - and exactly how you will say it.


Love you always,
Your daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment