Monday, January 31, 2011

A Dinner For One of Those Days

So after I got home from work at 8:00 p.m. (yes, if you are wondering it was one of those days),  I reached into the cupboard and starting eating cheddar and sour cream chips, then I got a craving for sugar, so then I started eating salted caramel ice cream.  It was half way through the quart of ice cream, when I was picking out all the little candy bites, that I realized I should really make something good for me to eat.  After all tomorrow is going to be a busy day too.

But, 8:30 p.m., is really a weird time to start making dinner?  Nonetheless, I must do it.  Now, what am I going to have?  The dinner I had planned for tonight - a little too complicated.  It is also dinner for one, M was in bed sick when I got home, so that narrows down my choices.  Ah ha! Pizza!  Okay, pizza isn't exactly healthy, but it is better than chips and ice cream.  

And I may as well take pictures of the process for the blog, right?  Someone needs to see my creation since M is bed with a cold.

Okay so when you are making food fast, you have to be strategic.

First, heat the oven to 400 degrees.



SAUCE!

Very simple, but so much better than store bought pizza sauce.  Put a small sauce pan over medium heat.

Add 1/2 Tablespoon of olive oil, and one minced clove of garlic.



Allow the garlic to turn a light golden brown then add about 7 oz of crushed tomatoes (about half of a small can of crushed tomatoes).


3 Cracks of Sea Salt

3 Cracks of Pepper

1/2 Tablespoon of sugar (white or brown)


And allow all the ingredients to simmer for 5 minutes.

CRUST (This is my Mom's recipe)

Coat the bottom of a pan you can put in the oven with olive oil, and heat over medium heat



When the pan is hot, shut off the heat and put two whole wheat tortillas in the pan, one on top of the other.  Then flip the two crusts over like a pancake about 20 seconds on each side).


Add the sauce


Add some Motz




Add your toppings (Today, I used breakfast sausage because that is all I had.  I like to cook my sausage a little before putting it on the pizza to get rid of the extra fat.)




Put the pizza in the oven until golden brown (about 10 minutes) and then garnish with fresh parsley


And there you have it.  Dinner in under 20 minutes


Got to love it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment