Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy Golden Birthday Honey - 27 on January 27

Well this year my honey turned 27.  Believe it or not M and I spent his 16th Birthday together, 11 years ago!  I remember we went with his parents and sister to a little steakhouse in Iowa.  I remember how cute he looked in his letter jacket, and how nervous I was just to be in the same room with him. 

Well this year we had a great time too, but I will always remember that first Birthday together. This year M and I went to Arnie Morton's.  I guess there are a few in the Los Angeles area, and the first was opened in Chicago.  Luckily, there is one just a few blocks from our apartment. 

M and I arrived for our 7:30 p.m. reservation, and we were immediately seated at a delightful table for two.  The table was already set with special menus with Happy Birthday typed on them.  Before our meal began the hostess came over and took a complimentary photo of us.




Our meal started with cocktails.  Both M and I love a good dirty martini, and this place has great martinis-smooth without the bite that some martinis have.  For appetizers we decided on the Shrimp Alexander: colossal shrimp, lightly dusted with Parmesan cheese, flash fried and drizzled with a white wine cream sauce. 

For our main course, M and I ordered the double cut Filet Mignon, a side of spinach and mushrooms, and lyonnaise potatoes (made traditionally with bacon grease).  So good.  With dinner we had a Cabernet sauvignon (Decoy).  In my book, a Cabernet is the best with steak, it really brings out the flavor.

For desert M had the carrot cake which he loved (and always has), and I had the creme brulee.   All in all we had an awesome night, and it was a great way to usher in 27. And I can safely say it was the best meal I have had for awhile.

Happy Golden Birthday Honey!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment