Wednesday, July 6, 2011

hawaii - the greatest deal ever


M and I traveled to the island of Oahu this weekend. Yes, this was a last minute getaway, yes, we had a wonderful time, and yes, we want to go back as soon as possible.

This was such a great trip that I feel like one post will not do it justice. So it will basically be as many posts as possible. Hence, post number one, the greatest deal on air and hotel ever.

I have dreamed of going to Hawaii for a really long time, and M always talks about the trip he took with his family over 15 years ago. So whenever we are talking about going somewhere for a long weekend, I check the prices. And this time I am not joking tickets and hotel were a 1/3 of what the cost usually is. After I cleared taking a couple additional days off of work, we purchased the amazing deal.

How did we save so much money in this great trip?? We purchased a package deal through Priceline on Wednesday and left LAX on Friday.

After comparing airfare prices with others on my flight, I discovered it was really the hotel that was the super bargain.  We spent five nights in the Hilton at Waikiki Beach for $200 total.

We purchased the least expensive room, which included two standard beds because the room with the king size bed was more expensive.  When we got to the hotel, I smiled nicely at the woman behind the desk and she upgraded us to a room with a king size bed without an extra charge. 

So sit back, relax, and enjoy the sights and tastes of Hawaii.  Aloha :)

1 comment:

  1. u did not! that is crazy....no wonder you weren't in church ;)

    ReplyDelete