Sunday, December 19, 2010

My New Love - Dyson DC 24

Well for the last 4 years I have struggled with having a TERRIBLE vacuum.  And by TERRIBLE I mean the vacuum has too many pieces, it is too big, it leaves a strange odor in the air after I am done using it, and the suction is basically none existent.

I have dreamed of having nice, new vacuum.  I did a lot of research.  I wanted something with a lot of suction, small enough to be stored in small closet, and something that didn't need new filters.  I tested some vacuums awhile back, and the CLEAR winner was the Dyson DC 24.   I love the ball technology, it makes cleaning hard to reach places so much easier.  It is small, no new filters are needed (you wash the filter once a month), it is bagless, and it cleans all surfaces without having to change pieces!

I went out and tried to do some Christmas shopping on Saturday.  While I was at Bed Bath and Beyond, I saw the DC24.  It was like it was beckoning to me, but $499 is a steep price tag.  So it wasn't like I could just buy it without discussing it first with M.

So today as I was scrubbing the kitchen floor, I said M you know what I really, really, want for Christmas, "a vacuum!"  Okay, I committed the number one cardinal sin for a wife, I told my husband to buy a household appliance for me for Christmas. But really, I will get more happiness out of this vacuum than anything else he could have bought me this year for Christmas. 

I recently read a study about what makes people happy.  And the study showed that the most mundane things often bring the most happiness, not a trip to Italy, a diamond bracelet, or a new car.  For instance, most people indicated that making their bed in the morning brought them the most happiness throughout the day.  Interesting?  So anyway, I thought . . . I will use this vacuum once a week until it finally dies on me, and since it has a 5 year warranty, it will bring me happiness once a week for the next 5 years at the least. 

So M and I trotted off to Target to compare prices.  We were lucky to find the same model for $100 cheaper and then we got an extra 5% off using our red card.

Once we got home, M and I actually argued about who got to vacuum.  We ended up taking turns - and instead of stuffing the vacuum in the closet we left it by the Christmas tree :)



http://www.dyson.com/store/product.asp?product=DC24-ANIMAL&tab=accessories

No comments:

Post a Comment