Saturday, December 18, 2010

DIY - Holiday Project - Inspiration Husband

So M has always been a very romantic husband, but this year his present really touched my heart.  Since we have been together (including the year in high school), M has given me a Christmas ornament every Christmas.  This year while decorating the Christmas tree we laid my ornaments out and actually put the dates on them because we were beginning to forget which ornament came from which year (can you believe we've been married that long :).

Anyway, one day last week M came home with a large package from our local craft shop, and I was immediately intrigued, but I kept my interest to myself.  A couple days ago, I came home from work and M could not contain his excitement.  He said he wanted to give me my Christmas ornament early so we could put it on the tree.  After some cajoling, I said "okay" (M always wants to give me my gifts early).

This year M made me a half-eaten Gingerbread Man ornament.  The ornament was made out of a light brown felt, stuffed with stuffing, and the ends were all stitched by hand.


 I love the attention to detail - the bite marks on his head, his missing leg, and the button belly. Thanks honey, this is truly a special gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment