Sunday, January 1, 2012

Malibu Landscape Series

Today, I finally had a chance to head out to Malibu and try out my new camera (my Christmas present from M).  My goal was to figure out how to use aperture, focus, and shutter speed.  I am not proficient at it yet, but I had a little luck today.

As a side note, I couldn't have asked for a better day to do it - it was actually 86 degrees in Burbank when I left for Malibu.  Driving down the 101 and the PCH going 55 MPH (rare indeed, usually speed is 0-20 MPH) listening to blasting music, and with the windows down....so much fun.  And, an hour after I got to Malibu, the marine layer began to roll in close to the shoreline.  Beautiful!

Here are the ones, I liked the best ( I even, with tongue-in -cheek, named my favorites . . . hehe):

"Cascading Blue"
 
"Purple 1"

"Purple 2"

 
"Purple 3"


"Purple 4"
 
"Surf's Up 1"

"Surf's Up 2"

"Walking In The Clouds"

"Walking in the Clouds 2"


"Signs of Better Times Ahead 1"

"Signs of Better Times Ahead 2"

"Weeds"
"Island"
"Mountains"

"Shrouded Road"
 

"Fence"


"Little Red Villa"

"Pink"
"White"


No comments:

Post a Comment