Monday, January 16, 2012

Torrey Pines Excursion

Awhile back I read an article in Sunset Magazine called "25 Best Hotels in the West," and I took note of them, hoping that someday I would get to stay in all of them. 

Well this weekend I got to mark one off my list - The Lodge at Torrey Pines.  The Lodge is conveniently located at the edge of La Jolla, California (near San Diego) and very near Del Mar.  The Lodge was very inviting with lots of woodwork, the smell of campfire drifting through the hallways at all times, and the sound of golf balls being hit on the luscious golf course. 

It is also located near the Torrey Pines Nature Reserve which makes for great hiking.  My friend D and I headed out on Sunday afternoon for a long walk, and here are some pictures from our excursion.

"Green"

"Heart Shaped Clouds"

"Rust"

"Beach"

"Beach 2"

"Beach 3"

"Weed"

"Trail"

No comments:

Post a Comment