Sunday, June 24, 2012

My Favorite Cookies

A few weeks ago, M and I went on vacation with part of our wonderful family pictured below:


We had a wonderful time of relaxation and memory building.  I hope we do it again next year or even the year after.

Anyway while we were on vacation I didn't have my favorite cookie recipe with me.  I don't know why I don't have it memorized, but anyway, had I blogged about it, I would have been able to access it on line.  Thus, the true reason for this post!

I have had this recipe on an index card ever since sophomore year of high school, and I really have no idea where it came from.  As you can see it has been through a lot.



Recipe:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream these ingredients together in a large mixing bowl:

1/4 cup peanut butter (spray measuring cup with cooking spray before diving into the peanut butter and the mixture will com out easily)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
1 egg

Combine these dry ingredients in a separate bowl:

1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour

Once combined, add the dry mixture to the wet mixture one cup full at a time until combined.  Once combined, roll portions of the mixture into ping pong ball sized portions and then roll in white sugar.  I usually only bake 6 at a time to ensure that M and I don't eat them all in one sitting.

Place the cookies on a cookie sheet and bake for 6 minutes.

*1 package of Guittard Milk Chocolate Chips

Remove the cookies from the oven and place four to five chocolate chips in the center of the cookies, and then bake them for another two minutes.

Remove from the oven and place on parchment paper.




Wrap any remaining cookie dough in the parchment paper you used to let the cookies cool (don't want to waste).



I don't know how long the cookie dough lasts in the refrigerator because it is usually gone within two days, and I assume the same will be true in your household.

Enjoy!

Ms. W.







No comments:

Post a Comment