Monday, October 7, 2013

Week 29: Bed Rest

Thursday, marked the end of my 29th week of pregnancy and one complete week being out of the hospital. :)   Since being released from the hospital, I have had three doctor's appointments and we have received nothing but good news from the doctor so that is a great comfort and relief.

Right now my biggest challenges range from normal third trimester complaints (i.e. Right now my tummy is so big that when Matt and I watch a movie together, he has to pause the movie so I can role over and not miss anything) to the challenges of bed rest.

This Thursday I will have been on bed rest for 1 month.  I thought my biggest bed rest challenge would be not being able to go anywhere, but now that I am at home, that is not really that bad.  I like being at home, and now I can do some work from home, shop from home, and visit with friends and family that come to visit without the interruptions that come with being in the hospital.

The most difficult thing for me so far is that there are so many things I want to get done at home -- decorating the baby's room, making items for the baby's room, child proofing the apartment, cleaning out under sinks, cleaning and downsizing the items we have stored under our bed etc. Its hard not to get discouraged when the things you want to do are starring you in the face everyday.  Its also hard not to feel guilty about feeling bad when you have so many things to be thankful for.

Xoxo,
-A

1 comment:

  1. Hi A, I am extremely happy all is going perfectly well with the baby. Hang in there darling... I can only imagine how difficult all this must be for you. You are strong and to be admired. BTW if you need me to clean... I am your woman :) ... not so much in the cooking dept though=) Big Hug!

    ReplyDelete