Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Lazy Daisy Sunday

Sunday . . . Is usually the day of the week I dislike the most.  Why?  Because by Sunday morning, it feels like Monday morning is looming, but I have to say today was one of those Sundays I could do over and over again.

For Christmas last year M's mom got M a season membership to the Huntington Library and Botanical Gardens so today we thought we would spend the day tooling around in Pasadena/San Marino. 

We started our day off with lunch, which in my opinion, is the best meal to start a Sunday off with.  We went to Abricott, which is a lovely Asian eclectic cafe I tried a few months ago with a friend. 

We had Pho -- a Vietnamese noodle soup with brisket, cilantro, basil, and lime -- and Banh Mi sandwich -- marinated pork belly with lightly pickled cucumbers.  Sounds amazing, am I right?  And, yes it so was.




I apologize about these pictures, but I didn't want to use my big nice camera at the restaurant  (thought it may be a little obnoxious).

Anyway, so after lunch we went to Huntington, and here are some shots from our wonderful day :)






The rose garden





The mansion, which is now the art gallary..


The Japanese Gardens -- happy to say, fully restored after the wind storm last year.
 
Have a wonderful Monday!
 
Ms. W.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment