Sunday, November 20, 2011

curtains...

This weekend I installed curtains in our apartment.  I finally got rid of the plastic blinds -- you know the ones that usually come with apartments.  I figured we have been here for 2 years, and we will probably be here for 2 more years... so it was time for them to go.  I really wanted to do a before and after for all of you, but after I put up the curtains, I realized I had not taken any pictures of the old blinds . . . apparently, I hated them that much. 

Inspiration for my curtain choice came from my trip to Hawaii this summer. Ever since we went to Hawaii I have been longing for a "beach" look in our apartment to bring back those good times :) So I ended up choosing a navy striped curtain from Lowes that was meant for a cabana.


 I figured a vertical stripe would make the ceiling look higher in our apartment. 



To help achieve the illusion of a taller ceiling I installed the curtain rod about a foot above the window.  Overall I am very pleased with how it looks.  However, I think I will probably add one more curtain panel for the center of the window, to make it look like there are two distinct windows there, and not a sliding door.  Here it is with the third panel.





now for something to go over the fireplace . . . and wouldn't one of these club chairs look awesome here.





No comments:

Post a Comment