Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Internet Grocery Shopping

Forget having someone carry your groceries to your car - how about your home.

Although I actually love grocery shopping, things have been a tad bit busy around here - so I decided to try out Internet grocery shopping. I was pleasantly surprised to discover the following:
  • My grocer (Vons) will actually deliver the groceries to my door,
  • I can give special instructions to my personal shopper regarding picking out grocery items, i.e. "I like my bananas green";
  • The groceries are all the same price as in the grocery store,
  • The first delivery is free, 
  • I can change my order up until 3:00 a.m. the day of the delivery,
  • My  grocery list is sent to my e-mail address after the order is processed, and
  • The website for Von's calculates how much each grocery item costs per ounce so there is not guessing re whether I am getting the best deal.
I'll let you know how it turns out.  Hopefully everything will be fresh when it comes Thursday evening between 7 and 9 p.m.

- As it turns out, the experience was great.

To give me a $10 coupon, and you a $5.00 coupon plus free deliver use this link: coupon

No comments:

Post a Comment